iClicker Self-Paced Polling
Creating a Self-Polling Answer Key
Recommended best practice is to create an answer key before polling.
- Select New Answer Key  from the iClicker main app menu at the top of your screen.
- Select the Number of Questions  (99 max).
- Enter the correct Answers . Answers can be A-E, numeric, or alphanumeric.
- Assign each answer a Points value .
- There is no need to select the answer type.
- Select Save and give your answer key an easily identifiable Title  for later reference.
- To edit the answer key later, select Self-Paced from the main iClicker menu then select Open Answer Key .
Starting a Self-Paced Polling Session
- On the main iClicker app menu, select Start Self-Paced Session .
- In the Self-Paced Polling Settings dialog box, you can set a time limit . The default is No time limit as a time limit may not be necessary when doing a self-paced poll during class.
- In the Answer key section, select I have an answer key . Browse to select the correct Answer key from the Class folder in iClicker.
- To begin polling, select Start Polling .
Running a Self-Paced Poll
When Polling starts, the Self-Paced Polling Toolbar appears. It shows:
- A chart icon that allows viewing in real-time of student progress 
- The time elapsed since self-paced polling started 
- The number of completed self-paced polls 
When the self-paced poll is over, click on the Self-Paced Polling button on the toolbar to stop the poll. Also remember to close the toolbar by clicking on the X in the top left corner.
Self-Paced Polling Best Practices
- Use Self-Paced Poling for low-stakes assessments.
- Have students write their answers on paper and then transmit their responses with the iClicker.
- Have students submit their answer sheet as a back-up.