Setting the Frequency of Your Base Station
In iClicker, select the course you want to use for Polling.
- Go to Settings .
- On the General tab, set the two letter Frequency Code . The default frequency is AA.
- This is done to avoid having two classes in adjacent rooms from having a conflict if both classes are using iClicker at the same time.
In the Classroom Before Polling Your Students
- Plug your iClicker base station into your computer and let students know which frequency you are using.
- Open iClicker, select your course, and click on Start New Session .
- A small floating iClicker Session Toolbar will appear. This toolbar is what is used to start and stop polling, and to show results.
Open your presentation application (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.). If you don’t see the toolbar on the screen in the front of the classroom, try dragging it to the right or left to move it to the projected screen.
Note: If you set up the polling session before arriving in the classroom, the base station will not recognize the students’ responses.
Polling Your Students
- Use the iClicker Toolbar  or the iClicker Instructor Remote (Blue) to start and stop polling.
- Share results with students by showing the Charts  generated by iClicker.
- At the end of class, choose the exit icon  on the Session Toolbar to end session.
- The data is saved in the iClicker application, not in the base station.
Troubleshooting iClicker Issues in the Classroom
- None of the student iClickers are registering in your software during polling.
- Close iClicker and reconnect your base station, then restart iClicker.
- Also, make sure all students have the correct frequency.
- iClicker will not respond to Start a New Session.
- Make sure the base station USB connection is properly seated in your computer’s USB port.
- Unplug the base station and plug it back into the computer.
- For all other issues, contact UO Online or Canvas Support.